Alumina slurry is chemically processed from bauxite ore. After purification, it is calcined in either rotary kilns or flash calciners. Refractories are used in both rotary kilns and flash calciner linings. Refractory linings must protect the shell from overheating and resist hot abrasion at 2600°F operating temperatures. Calcined alumina is then used as a feedstock to make aluminum metal in primary aluminum plants.
KRUZITE®-70 is a 70 percent alumina firebrick for rotary kiln linings. It offers a balance between moderate thermal conductivity values and excellent strength to help keep brick linings stable in a rotating environment at operating temperatures below 2700°F.
ULTRA-EXPRESS® 70, an ultra-low-cement castable for rotary kiln linings, matches the properties of KRUZITE®-70 firebrick but offers the benefit of faster installation speed by pumping. It can enhance lining stability if the rotary kiln shell is warped.
VERSAGUN® ABR PLUS, a dense, low-cement gunning mix for flash calciner linings, offers extreme abrasion resistance at the typical 2600°F calciner operating temperature. During maintenance activities, its installation rate of 300 pounds per minute reduces calciner furnace downtime.
- Did you marry someone like your mom
- How does coding help career
- Which websites work with Yubikey
- How was your UPSC CSE 2018 prelims
- What are some unknown facts about BHEL
- What is the best unhealthy junk food
- Is there any management quota in XLRI
- Does an airplane vaporize upon impact
- What are IMDb’s top 100 Bollywood movies
- How can one study Indian mythology
- Can vegetarians eat bugs
- Why is the world male dominated
- Are bone marrow transplants risky
- Does testosterone increase after workout
- What if Messi played for Pakistan
- Do sun has its own orbit
- What are Osha approved shoes
- Is homeschooling legal in Brazil