Arithmetic, Geometric, and Exponential Patterns
Good news: you've actually been working with algebra since you were three and began to notice patterns (red dog, blue cat, red dog, blue cat…). The patterns we're going to work with now are just...
Evaluating Algebraic Expressions
Expressions are made of variables, or letters that take the place of unknown numbers. But what if we know the numbers? We can take out the variable, replace it with the number, and do the math. Thi...
Combining Like Terms
Algebraic terms can, and often should, be combined and simplified. However, only terms that are "like," meaning that they have the exact same variables and hairdo, can be added or subtracted....
Long ago, and in a guide far, far away, we learned the properties of numbers: commutative, associative, distributive, inverse, and identity. These properties also apply to adding and multiplying w...
Translating Expressions and Equations
Some words can be translated into math, and some math can be translated into words, and neither require the babel fish from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. When we translate words to math, m...
Equations and Word Problems
Audrey II is a man-eating plant living in the Little Shop of Horrors and it needs blood, and lots of it. Luckily its caretaker, Seymour, has discovered a blood substitute to feed Audrey II. Now tha...
Graphing Horizontal & Vertical Lines
We know that we can graph a linear equation with two variables, such as the famous x and y, as a straight line. (By the way: that's true only because the variables don't have any exponents, but tha...
Solving Multiple Equations Algebraically
We can find the solution to a system of linear equations by graphing like a boss, but there are other ways, too. We'll get into these other methods in more detail when we're past pre-algebra, but h...
- Why is there no congress paid media
- Biochemistry How is protein phosphorylation analytically quantified
- What is your special talent or skill
- How do museums receive their dinosaur bones
- What do cancer doctors think of CTCA
- Does Thom Yorke write the songs himself
- What have you gained from being humble
- Why is petrol more volatile than diesel
- Why is Buddha called as Shakyamuni
- Is a black hole actually black
- Which states did not ratify the Constitution
- What is meant by non factor services
- Can an OPC be formed as unlimited
- What is Indian creativity
- Is ground temperature warmer than air
- Where did the Illuminati first originate
- What is your review of Fujifilm Cameras
- How safe is the Ganzfeld experiment