it all started back in 1993, when kate brosnahan spade, a former accessories editor at mademoiselle, set out to design the perfect handbag. debuting with just six silhouettes, she combined sleek, utilitarian shapes and colorful palettes in an entirely new way. and so kate spade new york was born.
women and fashion editors fell for the fresh, modern sensibility, and our first shop in new york city swiftly opened in 1996. as the company grew, our graphic approach and trademark wit created a visual shorthand for a brand recognizable the world over.
in 2007, spade turned the reins to design powerhouse kate spade & company (formerly known as liz claiborne, inc.). shortly after, deborah lloyd took the helm as president and chief creative officer with an aim to broaden the line while honoring our rich history. along with ceo craig leavitt, she quickly launched clothing and jewelry collections, quickly followed by the introduction of bedding, legwear and fragrance.
today we’ve grown into a global lifestyle brand, and aim to inspire colorful living through our handbags and clothing to jewelry, shoes, stationery, eyewear, baby, fragrance, tabletop, bedding and gifts.
all the while, we’ve never lost sight of who we are: our spirited approach, commitment to curiosity and passion for sharing our colorful world still shapes all that is kate spade new york.
- Can I still listen to Seungris music
- What is black oxide coating
- Where did the Visigoths originally come from
- What is a single party state
- Does Turkey allow dual citizenship
- Does God make life beautiful
- What has already been discovered in philosophy
- Do happy teenagers exist
- What makes UX designers drink
- In football what is a checkdown
- What is meant by blonde
- What is your personal reason for living
- Does a narcissist ever stop being abusive
- What does Reza Aslan think of Scientology
- How do I stop being polyamorous
- What is strontium
- How is superposition true
- How does C2H5CN react with H3O