Former President Bill Clinton took a veiled shot at former President Barack Obama ahead of the 2018 midterms.
Stephen Colbert confronted Clinton with a report from The New York Times that Democrats don’t want him on the campaign trail because of the “taint” of his behavior that is being re-litigated in the midst of the #MeToo movement.
“Is that true and are you frustrated by it?” Colbert asked.
Clinton responded by saying he didn’t know if that report is true but added that he usually tries to “stay out” of primaries.
“A lot of people have called and asked if I would do something when I can. But on the other hand, when I was a governor, I never had anybody come in for me,” Clinton told Colbert. “So everything’s different now. And we’ll just see what happens. I just want them– what I want to say is these midterm elections are important. And the only people that really matter is not me, it’s you.”
The audience cheered.
Clinton then pointed to the “Gingrich Revolution” in 1994 and Republicans moving “harder to the right” as the beginning of the country’s divide and that it’s a “penalty for Democrats” to only vote in presidential elections and not in the midterms. And he mentioned his Democratic predecessor as someone who apparently didn’t do enough during his presidency.
“President Obama, I think- I think he did a really good job,” Clinton continued, “but I think he could have done even more if all of us who voted in 2008 and 2012 for him had also voted in 2010 and 2014.”
“And 2016,” Colbert added.
“Yeah,” Clinton responded.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]
- Why dont women love men unconditionally
- Are there any good beaches in Colombia
- How android manages device memory efficiently
- What is the free will philosophy
- How do you know if youre crazy
- What companies in Bozeman Montana are hiring
- What is a 3 valve engine
- Can ants eat mucus
- How real is eternity
- Is blockchain in HRs future
- What is the meaning of voluntary poverty
- How do critics evaluate concert pianists
- Why do people use injectable steroids
- Is murder common in Indonesia
- Is adoption against Darwinian evolution
- Who wins Manny Pacquiao or Danny Garcia