wow, you realize how asinine that is, right--telling someone it's OCD-ish (btw, it's not "ish," it IS on the OCD spectrum as a body-focused repetitive disorder), and then adding, "Please don't"? That implies the person can help it, and OCD can't be helped. Not to mention the fact they don't know you worth a damn and I'm sure you pleading with them to stop isn't going to provide any motivation.
I have this too--I pick at my skin and eat the dead skin/scabs that come off, and I also pull hair and eat the roots. They're two different disorders but are both BFRD (body-focused repetitive disorders) and are impulse control disorders. There aren't any cures, but you can try any or combinations of the following to stop:
-NAC (n-acetyl cysteine, available at drugstores)
-CBRT (a special kind of therapy that helps with disorders like skin picking, hair pulling, cheek biting, etc.)
...and a LOT more.
You are definitely not the only person in the world who has this, not by a long shot.
- What makes something great
- What is a secret security clearance process
- Can I hypnotise anyone to love me
- What are the best banks in Canada
- Is there racism in Puerto Rico
- What does an enterprise architect do
- What are the negative aspects of television
- Who protects the Earth from an asteroid
- Do ATM machines have cameras built in
- Is Morocco a great place to visit
- Have you ever worn a skort
- Why does antisemitism exist
- Which website is trusted for downloading movies
- How can you do blogging using mobile
- Why are INFJs stubborn
- Which nationality are Russians most afraid of
- What is the nature of induced current