Eggplant parmigiana aka eggplant parmesan is a delicious vegetarian, low-carb and keto-friendly dish. You can keep it simple, or spice it up by adding some extra ingredients.
When preparing any eggplant dish, never forget to sprinkle in with salt and let it rest for about an hour. Eggplant is delicious, though it has a tendency to be bitter occasionally. Therefore, better safe than sorry – cut, sprinkle with salt, leave for an hour, rinse, and then cook.
Some people don’t like the skin on eggplant. I personally don’t mind it. It gives it a nice color, and it has its own health benefits.
Eggplant parmigiana calls for fresh mozzarella, but you can always do the combination of cheeses. I have tried gouda and mozzarella combination, and it was equally delicious.
To spice up this simple, yet classic dish, you can add a layer of smoked sausage or some fried bacon bits on top. I even added a layer of some leftover prosciutto, thinly diced, and it made it taste pretty special.
For more eggplant recipes, check out my Keto Eggplant Lasagna and the best, very special, spread ever – Baba Ganoush.
- What is the use of a PharmD?no_redirect=1
- Why does Thailand have so many ladyboys
- What does C programming language mean?no_redirect=1
- Are people now treating others too harshly
- What is the LSB_release command in Linux
- Is there ketchup in barbecue sauce
- Which sentence uses the word both correctly
- Do advertisements guide or misguide
- How many wheelbarrows in a cubic yard
- Hot research topics for PhD in chemistry
- What determines a web browsers speed
- How do I turn compost into soil
- What is a main breaker
- Was slavery worse in Africa or America
- What is positive about tourism
- How does car sales impact economy
- Is augmented reality useful in medicine