Jump to section
Advantages of Ceramic Heaters
Advantages or Radiant heaters
Electric space heaters work on the principle of converting electrical energy into heat. How do electric heaters (ceramic and radiant heaters) function?
The primary difference between the ceramic and radiant heater is the process they use to heat your room. While ceramic heaters heat up the air and it circulates your room, radiant heaters transfer the thermal energy to objects and people, warming them in the process.
While ceramic heaters heat up the air and it circulates your room, radiant heaters transfer the thermal energy to objects and people, warming them in the process.
It all comes down to preference really, what type of electric heaters one may choose and what they may not. Let’s take a look at the benefits of each of these two categories of heaters to know more.
Ceramic heaters are based on theconvectionprinciple since they heat up the air with the help of the ceramic element.
The heater then disperses the hot air throughout the room, making the temperature rise in the process.
In short, the heater draws in the cool air which is heated by the elements the dispersed into the room, thus raising the temperature of the room.
The ceramic element is heated by the electricity passing through it, which is then absorbed by a material such as aluminum.
A fan then blows hot air across the room.
These heaters consist of the type of shut off sensors that prevent the ceramic from overheating.
They may also include other heat sensitive elements that shut down the unit in case it tips over.
Ceramic heaters are available in two varieties: fan aided models and regular models.
Fan aided models are usually best suited for larger rooms and halls because they are slightly costlier due to the fan.
Regular models are less expensive and perform best in small spaces like the bedroom or the dining room.
Advantages of Ceramic Heaters
1. Greater portability: Standard ceramic heaters are compact, which makes them highly portable.
More often than not they are easy to move and make for the perfect item to have inside a household.
Even though we don’t recommend moving around heaters a lot, this is one advantage that you should bear in mind.
2. Larger heating area: Ceramic heaters also tend to cover a larger area compared to a radiant heater.
Besides, you can always buy a ceramic heater with a fan for maximum heat spread.
3. Clean heating: This is an electric heating variant that does not need any type of fuel to function.
They do not produce emission and offer only clean heating divide of any harmful fumes. Did you know these heaters are used inside of labs as well?
4. Greater efficiency: Did we mention the ceramic heaters are highly efficient as well?
Due to the use of the ceramic plates, the heater wastes little energy and heats and cools make faster than other types of heaters.
Their efficiency is thought to be around 85 – 95 %1
With a few simple tricks, you can get heating without going overboard with the electricity bills. Here are some of the things you can try out for better results:
- Close doors to avoid heat loss
- Use thick curtains to prevent heat loss
5. More savings: Ceramic heaters are best suited for small or large rooms because this variety consumes the least amount of power among all types of electric heaters but has a very high efficiency.
Radiant Heaters (or infrared Heaters)
Radiant space heaters function by dispersing along with a form of infrared radiationthat comes in contact with a solid object and heats it.
In other words it heats up things, not the space.
The air does not absorb this infrared radiation through which it travels, allowing it to provide concentrated heat where needed.
If you are looking for focused heating, then this is a good option.
These heaters are generally available in two types: the stand and swivel, and the wall mounting type.
Most of these models have a sleek design, making them highly aesthetic yet practical appliances.
There are available in many sizes, and you can choose the best one depending on your needs.
Some basic options you’ll find in most radiant heaters are a thermostat, auto shut off, movement sensors, slimline design, easy mounting, etc.
Advantages of Radiant Heaters
1. Can utilize multiple energy sources: Even though electric radiant heaters are the most popular, you can buy natural gas and propane using varieties as well.
It’s evident that the natural gas variants are best suited for heaters that are NOT for domestic use.
2. Slimline design: Because radiant heaters are mostly geared towards providing focused heating, manufacturers create them in a slim profile.
These heaters not only visually appealing but are also excellent for heating up a small area in a short span of time.
3. Economical: Radiant heaters that run on natural gas are suitable for commercial spaces, large offices, and halls.
Most of these models have multiple ducts that can be placed at consistent distances to provide steady heating in areas like party rooms or lobbies. Electric heaters also do not consume much power.
4. Clean heating: The radiant heaters running on electricity doesn’t produce any smoke or fume, neither does it sends out strong odors.
They do not disturb dust, making them ideal for people who have dust allergies or dislike the smell that traditional heaters produce.
Infrared Heater vs Ceramic Heater Conclusion
All the differences and similarities aside, we have to say that both the ceramic and the radiant or infrared heater are unique in their own ways.
The decision to purchase either one of them should be based on a careful judgment about your wants and needs. Once you’ve made up your mind, all you have to do is browse online and order a model that suits your budget.
And that’s it! You will then enjoy the pleasures that come with advanced heating technology and lower electricity bills. Hopefully, that has shed some light on the Ceramic vs Radiant Heater debate.
If you like the look of radiant heaters check out our definitive guide toInfrared heaters!
- Is perfection nothing but just a myth
- Which book is best for foundation
- What are the types of adoption
- Does the media blackmail the political parties
- Why was there genocide in Guatemala
- Which medical conditions require special shoes
- Does Dropbox hire remotely
- How do I find A TECHINCAL COFOUNDER
- Is it inherently immoral to be poor
- Which is better Britain or America
- Are there street parades in Cincinnati US
- Can warm skin tones wear cool lipstick
- Why are scientists not treated as celebrities
- What pathway do nerve impulses take
- Is it boring being an airline pilot
- Why do social problems still exist
- Can ear infection cause vertigo
- What do pineberries taste like
- What is an associate research analyst