Ranking Colleges for the Match
Being able to rank colleges is what makes the National College Match so unique. By ranking colleges, you could be “matched”— or admitted early with a guaranteed full four-year Match Scholarship — to the college that appears highest on your list that also wants to match with you.
You can rank up to 12 colleges in order of preference. We encourage you to research all of our college partners by using our Research Worksheet. In previous years, students who ranked more colleges had a higher chance of matching, however you must be absolutely certain you would attend every college that appears on your list.
You Should Know:
- You can be matched to only ONE school.
- You are committed to attending your match school the following fall. Admission through ranking colleges for the Match is binding*.
- If matched, you will receive a full four-year scholarship. So you can be confident that you can afford to attend a great college!
- You have the option not to rank colleges, but then you will not be considered for the Match Scholarship and you may only benefit from applying through QuestBridge Regular Decision.
* MIT, Princeton, Stanford, and Yale do not require students admitted through the match to commit to attending their institutions.
Once you rank colleges and if you are selected as a Finalist, you have started an application with the colleges you have ranked, and you must submit additional materials (called Match Requirements) to each of the colleges on your list by November 1. Click the links below to view each college's Match Requirements, which you can also find on each college partner's Application Requirements page.
Options Following the Match
If you are a Finalist who did not match, you can check to see if a college partner you ranked will still consider you for Early Decision or Early Action. Learn more about options following the Match for each school.
- What do ancestry tests actually tell you
- What is the main purpose of studying?no_redirect=1
- How do we avoid being laughed at
- Why do shy people usually look down
- Is atheism common in Northern Ireland
- Who is the romantic actress in India
- Is creatine a safe supplement
- Hows the SUV Mahindra TUV300
- How does natural selection produce suicidal impulses
- Can you email me 2
- Should we consider NPS as retirement planning
- What guitars does Izzy Stradlin play
- How many lifeforms are there on Earth
- Has a bodhisattva realized emptiness shunyata
- Is iced tea considered juice