How to Become an Economist. Economists can affect large numbers of people - just think of what happens when Alan Greenspan makes a speech (or even an offhand remark) about the economy. Economists analyze economic data and statistics for corporations or the government and look for indications of economic trends. They create economic forecasts from spotted trends in order to protect - or increase - the future financial interests of their employers.
Obtain a bachelor's degree in economics and include writing and oral communication classes in your electives. Those skills will be as important in your future as knowledge of mathematics and statistics.
Become proficient in using economics-related software, conducting surveys and interviews, and writing reports.
Realize you will have to receive a master's degree or a Ph.D. The bachelor's degree will only get you an entry-level position with little room for advancement.
Visit the Graduate School Programs Web site (gradschools.com) for a list of schools that offer graduate degrees in economics. Try to enroll in a school known for its excellent economics program, especially in your desired specialty.
Choose from among a variety of specialties in the field, including financial economics, law and economics, labor economics, international economics and agricultural economics.
Look for internships with government agencies, financial firms or economic consulting firms. Ask your advisor for assistance.
Be prepared to work independently while conducting research, and as a team member, when required. Realize that a lot of your time will be spent in front of a computer.
- Whats wrong with Japan’s daycare shortages
- Is drag queen an offensive term
- Why is Pakistan more developed than China
- Why is Bonnie Raitt famous
- Why are bruises caused by blood thinners
- What is your favorite meat seasoning
- What are the most beautiful aggregation sites
- What does the chan honorific mean
- How does a vacuum dryer work
- What are some easy classical piano pieces
- What supplements do professional endurance runners use
- What map app uses least data
- Is MIT 14 01 hard
- What would convince you that God exists
- Should I invest in Bitcoin or Amazon
- Should parents pay for grad school