Why should I become a Pegasystems certified professional?
Certification demonstrates to your customers, partners, and colleagues that you have acquired the knowledge and skills required to be an effective contributor to the design and development of Pega applications.
How do I get certified?
- Determine your Pega career path.
- Take the applicable course(s) for your path through Pega Academy.
- Prepare for and take a certification exam.
- Prepare for the exam by reviewing the course quizzes and assessments and completing the exercises in the course until you truly understand the answers and decisions being made. Some Pega exams have Practice exams available in Pega Academy.
- Review exam information such as the exam cost, passing score, number of questions, and test topics that are included on the exam. Note that, if applicable, tax may applied to the exam cost when you register to take the exam.
- Create a Pearson VUE account if you do not already have one and register for the exam through the Pearson VUE site. There are two exam delivery options: Take an exam at a test center, or take an exam via Online Proctored delivery (e.g., in a quiet, uninterrupted room in your home or office, proctored via webcam).
- View and download your Pega certificate.
- After you pass an exam, within approximately 1-3 business days you will receive an email notification from Pega Certification with instructions for how to view and download your certificate from your Pega Academy transcript.
- Verify your information on Pega Academy’s Verify Certification search page. Search either by the exact name or the exact email address used in your Pearson VUE account.
Exam Registration and Locations
Where can I take a Pegasystems certification exam?
There are two ways to take a Pega certification exam:
- Exam administered at a Pearson VUE testing center: There are locations worldwide. To find the test center nearest you, visit the Pearson VUE Test Center Locations page.
- Exam administered via Online Proctored delivery: Take the exam in a quiet, uninterrupted room in a home or office; you will be monitored by a proctor via webcam. Be sure to read the Online Proctored delivery requirements prior to scheduling your exam.
NOTE: Candidates enrolled in Pega’s New Hire Enablement program are provided information on how to register and take the exam at the Pegasystems headquarters’ authorized Pearson VUE testing center in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Exam delivery options for Pega employees can be found in Pega Community.
How do I register for a Pegasystems certification exam?
You can register for an exam by visiting http://pearsonvue.com/pegasystems or by calling Pearson VUE toll-free at: 800-433-1299 (North America). For Pearson VUE contact numbers in other locations, visit the Pearson VUE Support Contact page.
First-time test takers must create a Pearson VUE web account. The name on your ID will you use must match the name listed on your Pearson VUE account.
For LSA Application Build registration information, see the Pega Certified Lead System Architect (PCLSA) section below.
I am trying to register for an exam, but I get a message that I do not have the correct prerequisites. How do I correct this?
If you have previously taken a Pegasystems certification exam, you need to register using the Pearson VUE account with which you took the previous exam. This is especially important in the case of required prerequisite exams. Contact Pearson VUE Support or Pega if you do not know which account to use.
How much does it cost to take a Pegasystems certification exam?
Pega exam prices may vary depending on the exam and are subject to change at any time. Please note that in some countries, tax may be applied to the cost of the exam. Prices starting January 1, 2018 are as follows:
- CSA, CPBA, CUIS, CPMC, CPDC, CRSA exams: $175 (USD) per attempt
- CSSA and CSPMC exams: $175 (USD) per attempt
- LSA Readiness exam, LSA Architecture exam: $175 (USD) per attempt
- LSA Architecture Application Build: $600 (USD) for 1st attempts; $300 for subsequent attempts. This exam is administered by Pega. Application build payment can be made using a valid credit card, purchase order, or Pega Academy credits.
Exams administered by Pearson VUE are payable with a valid credit card or exam voucher during the Pearson VUE exam registration process. Pearson VUE accepts MasterCard, VISA, American Express (Amex), and JCB credit cards only. Purchase orders, cash, and personal checks are not accepted.
The cost of Pega exams is subject to change. The current cost for exams administered by Pearson VUE can be found on the Pearson VUE website during registration.
Does Pegasystems offer volume discounts for Pearson VUE exams?
Yes, Pega customers and partners can purchase vouchers for Pearson VUE exams directly from Pegasystems in the following increments:
Amount and Discount
- 50-99 vouchers: 10% discount
- 100-199 vouchers: 20% discount
- 200-299 vouchers: 30% discount
- 300-399 vouchers: 35% discount
- 400+ vouchers: 40% discount
Vouchers purchased in bulk may be used for any Pega certification exam delivered through Pearson VUE regardless of the exam price level. Bulk vouchers are priced at $175/voucher before discount. Vouchers have a 1-year expiration.
Payment can be made with Pega training credits (purchased online in Pega Academy), or by valid credit card, purchase order, or wire transfer.
Please note that vouchers cannot be resold, and may not be extended past their due date.
Contact us for additional information.
What should I bring with me when I take a Pegasystems certification exam?
You must bring two (2) forms of personal identification (ID). Both forms of ID must have your signature, and one of the 2 forms of ID must have your photo. Valid forms of ID include a driver’s license or passport. Photocopies are not acceptable. The name on your ID must match the name in your Pearson VUE account. Please note that food, laptops, backpacks, cell phones, notepads, pens, or other personal items are not allowed in the test area.
General Exam Information
How can I prepare for an exam?
Pega Academy delivers in-depth programs that are designed, developed, and taught by certified experts. Each career path, including recommended courses for each certification, can be found on our career paths page. Self-study and Instructor-led courses are available for all career paths. Our training courses, while not required for a certification, are highly recommended for exam preparation.
Many of Pega's certification paths have practice exams to help prepare for the types of questions that may be on the certification exam. Please note, however, that a passing score on the practice exam does not guarantee a passing score on the certification exam. Additionally, test prep sessions are offered through Pega Academy.
The Pearson VUE exam registration site can also help with test preparation as you can find exam blueprints for each Pega exam. Each exam blueprint includes information about the passing score, question formats on the exam, number of questions on the exam, test domain weighting, and test topics covered in each test domain.
Pegasystems does not endorse or recommend using any study materials from third-party vendors. These include websites and forums where brain dumps, exam answers, and study guides exist.
If an exam requires a prerequisite certification, does it have to be the same version?
The PCSA and PCSSA exams can be taken in any version as a prerequisite for another Pega exam. However, the PCLSA exams need to be taken in the same Pega version.
Can I use reference materials during a Pegasystems certification exam?
No. The use of reference materials and/or discussion between candidates is not allowed during the exam.
What question formats are on Pega certification exams?
Pega certification exams can contain any of the following test question formats:
- Multiple Choice/Single Response — Select one option that best answers the question or completes a statement.
- Multiple Choice/Multiple Response — Select more than one option that best answers the question or completes a statement. If multiple responses are required, the text states how many responses the examinee must choose.
- Drag and Drop/Matching — Select an item in column 1 and associate it with the correct response in column 2.
- Reading Passage/Scenario questions: After reading a scenario, answer a question or series of questions about the scenario.
A response is considered correct when it accurately completes the statement or answers the question.
Distracters or incorrect answers are plausible response options that examinees with incomplete knowledge are likely to choose.
How long is a Pegasystems certification exam?
For most of our exams, you are given 90 minutes to accept the Non-Disclosure Agreement and complete the exam.
For the LSA Pega Architecture exam, you are given 120 minutes to accept the Non-Disclosure Agreement and complete the exam.
Why am I required to review and sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement before taking a Pegasystems certification exam?
To preserve the security and value of the certification program, all candidates are required to review and accept a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) at the time of the exam. If you do not accept the NDA, you cannot take the exam. You can view the NDA in detail prior to the exam.
What is the passing score for a Pegasystems’ certification exam?
The passing score for an exam can be found on the exam blueprint in Pearson VUE or on the exam’s information page in Pega Academy. See certification policies for more information on passing scores.
When do I receive my exam results?
All candidates are notified of their score and pass/fail status immediately after taking a Pega exam. All candidates will receive a score report that identifies performance in each test domain. You can download a copy of your score report at any time by logging into your Pearson VUE account and clicking the View Score Reports link.
Can I get a detailed report of my exam answers?
In order to maintain the integrity of the exam, the test questions and answers are not provided.
Are any Pega exams being retired?
When an exam retires it may be replaced by another exam, and the previous exam will be phased out.
Exam retirement information will be posted on our Pearson VUE page and in Pega Academy. Pega provides at least 90 days’ notice before an exam is retired.
Recent and upcoming exam retirements - no attempts or retakes will be allowed after these dates:
- Pega 7.2 and 7.3 exams were retired on December 31, 2018.
- The Certified Senior Pega Marketing Consultant (CSPMC) certification was retired on December 31, 2018. All CSPMC certifications earned prior to that date remain valid.
- The Certified UI Specialist (CUIS) 7.1 certification exam was retired on February 28, 2019. All CUIS certifications earned prior to that date remain valid.
- The LSA Readiness 7.4 (PEGACLSA74V1-R) exam was retired on October 31, 2019.
- The LSA Pega Architecture 7.4 (PEGACLSA74V1-A) exam was retired on December 5, 2019. NOTE: Due to registration issues, the Pega Architecture exam retirement date was extended by a few days.
- The LSA 7.4 Application Build was retired on December 18, 2019.
- The CRSA 8.0 exam was retired on December 31, 2019.
- All remaining 7.4 exams were retired on December 31, 2019: CSA 7.4, CPBA 7.4, CSSA 7.4, CPDC 7.4, CPMC 7.4.
Exam Policy Questions
Can I retake an exam if I do not pass?
Yes. See certification policies for more information.
What if I need to reschedule or cancel my exam?
Exams can be rescheduled or canceled through your Pearson VUE web account, or by contacting Pearson VUE customer service.
If you need to reschedule or cancel your exam, you must do so at least one (1) business day prior to your exam appointment.
Please see the Exam Rescheduling and Cancellation policies for more information.
What is the refund policy?
Refunds are granted when you cancel your exam with at least 24-hour notice. No other refund requests are granted.
Certification Verification, Certificate, and Transcript Questions
How can I verify that an individual is Pegasystems’ Certified?
Pegasystems does not publicly publish the names or scores of those who have been certified. For information regarding certification status, contact us. Please note that Pega Certification will only provide pass/fail statuses. Scores or test domain breakdowns will not be provided.
Certifications can also be viewed and verified using our Verify Certification search page. Search either by the exact name or the exact email address used in the Pearson VUE account.
How do I register for a Pega account?
You can register for a Pega account here. Please note that you need a Pega account in order to search for your certification in the Verify Certification search page and to download your .pdf certificate when you are certified.
How do I update my email address in my Pega account?
To add or update email addresses in your Pega profile, please follow these steps:
- Login to Pega
- Navigate to your Pega profile page by clicking on the Hello [your name] link from the menu bar
- Click the Profile link to access your profile.
- Click the Edit profile link next to your name and update your email address in the appropriate field
- Click Save Profile
Note: It can take approximately 48 hours before the changes take effect.
How can I obtain a soft copy of my certification?
To retrieve a soft copy of your certificate, log in to your Pega account and follow the steps below. We do not send hard or soft copies of your certificate.
Certifications will display within 1-3 business days after the date of the exam, unless there is an account issue that needs to be manually resolved. If there is an account issue, it may take an additional 3-7 days to display your certification in your transcript.
- Log into Pega Academy using your Pega account. If you do not have a Pega account, please register for an account.
- Click the My Training link in the top menu to navigate to your Dashboard.
- Click the My Achievements link.
- Your completed courses, certifications, and badges will display. Click the Download link under the certification name for a copy of your certificate.
Do I need to recertify for Pega exams?
Pega certifications do not currently expire. However, this is subject to change at Pegasystems’ discretion.
I passed the LSA Pega Architecture exam, but it is not displaying on my transcript. Why?
To earn PCLSA certification, you need to pass two exams: (1) Pega Architecture Exam, and (2) LSA Architecture Application Build. After successful completion of the Application Build, the PCLSA certification will display on your transcript. More information on PCLSA certification can be found in the Pega Certified Lead System Architect (PCLSA) section below.
Why is my certification not appearing on my transcript?
It can take approximately 1-3 business days after your exam date for exam results from Pearson VUE to be sent to our Pega Academy systems. You will receive an email notification from Pega Certification when your certification is available to view in your Pega transcript. The notification will be sent to the email address you used in your Pearson VUE account.
Additionally, in order for your certification to be associated with your Pega transcript, the email address used in your Pearson VUE account must be either a primary (login) or alternate email address in your Pega account.
How do I get a copy of my score report?
All candidates will receive a score report that identifies performance in each test domain. Download a copy of your score report at any time by logging into your Pearson VUE account and clicking the View Score Reports link in the My Account menu.
Pega Certified System Architect (PCSA) Questions
Who should take the System Architect exam?
The Pega Certified System Architect exam is intended for system architects and application developers who are directly involved in the design and construction of applications built on Pega.
What does the System Architect exam test for?
The exam tests an individual’s level of knowledge and competency in the essential tasks required to build Pega applications and to be a successful member of a Pega project team.
How do I become a Pega Certified System Architect (PCSA)?
Training and professional experience are the key ingredients in determining whether you should take the next step toward becoming certified. See the System Architect career path page for information on training offerings and the Pega System Architect Certification Exam Blueprint for suggested prerequisites.
What training is recommended to prepare for the Pega Certified System Architect certification exam?
The completion of the following Pega training course, combined with your professional experience, is the most effective way to prepare for the Pega Certified System Architect exam:
In addition to training classes, what other activities or experience can help me become a Pega Certified System Architect?
The following have proven to be helpful in preparing for the exam:
- Experience in the development of applications using object-oriented design principles
- Experience in the design and development of applications using Pega Platform
- Programming experience with Java, C++, C Sharp, HTML, and relational databases
- Familiarity with Pega Platform
- Exposure to Pegasystems developer information via product documents, online help files, and/or the Pega Community.
Pega Certified Senior System Architect (PCSSA) Questions
How do I become a Pega Certified Senior System Architect (PCSSA)?
To become a PCSSA, you must have the CSA certification as a prerequisite, and pass the PCSSA exam. To prepare for the exam, you can enroll in the Senior System Architect self study course or Instructor-Led Training course. See the System Architect career path page for information on Senior System Architect training offerings and exam information.
Pega Certified Lead System Architect (PCLSA) Questions
Announced at PegaWorld: Apply for the Accelerated CLSA Journey to join an exclusive group of participants and achieve your CLSA credential by the end of 2019 for free! Learn more and apply for this program here. NOTE: The CLSA Accelerated Journey program has been extended to April 2020!
How do I become a Pega Certified Lead System Architect (PCLSA)?
To become a PCLSA, a candidate must:
More information regarding the LSA Learning and Certification path and prerequisites can be found at https://academy.pega.com/Lead-System-Architect-Overview.
I passed the LSA Readiness exam in version 7.3/7.4. Can I take the Pega Architecture exam in version 8?
Yes. The LSA Readiness exam is not required for the PCLSA version 8 program. You can take the Pega Architecture version 8 exam.
I passed the Pega Architecture exam in version 7.3/7.4. Can I take the Application Build in version 8?
Yes. If you passed the Pega Architecture exam in either version 7.3 or 7.4, you can take the Application Build in version 8. However, the App Build must be completed between by April 2020.
How long after each LSA exam do I have to take the next part so that the prior exam validity does not expire?
There is no specific time period that you are required to take the Pega Architecture exam and the LSA Application Build. However, we highly recommend that you take the Application Build within 6 months of passing the Pega Architecture exam.
How do I prepare to become a Pega Certified Lead System Architect (PCLSA)?
It is recommended that you have at least 12 months of field experience before beginning the PCLSA certification program. Prerequisites to begin the PCLSA version 8 program are as follows:
You can confirm if you have the required prerequisites by reviewing your My Achievements page.
To prepare for the Pega Architecture exam:
What is the LSA Application Build?
The LSA Application Build tests your ability to architect and implement Pega solutions. The Application Build consists of 4 to 6 questions of varying complexity. All questions involve Pega development and will require creating a separate migration package for each solution. Some questions also require a design question to be answered and submitted.
Solutions should be constructed in such a way that they are isolated from other solutions and can be tested and migrated independently. There are no dependencies between questions.
The application build is a 3-day exam (approximately 40-50 hours), which must be completed within 14 consecutive days.
The passing score for the application build is 70%.
How do I prepare for the LSA Application Build?
What version of Pega do I use to complete the LSA Architecture Application Build?
The Application Build is completed using version 8.3. This is the version used to grade the exam.
All development should take place on the PVS instance available for download on the Lead System Architect self study course in Pega Academy. The starting point for the exam will be provided and should be uploaded to the application unless otherwise noted.
How do I register for the LSA Architecture Application Build?
The LSA Architecture Application Build is managed by Pega. Please contact the CLSA Team at [email protected] to register for the Application build.
I submitted my LSA Architecture Application Build. When I can expect to have the results?
After submitting your Application Build, please allow approximately 8 weeks for grading before you receive your emailed results.
How many times can I attempt the LSA exams?
- Pega Architecture Exam: You can take up to 3 attempts within a 12-month period for each exam.
- After the 1st attempt, you must wait 3 calendar days before a 2nd attempt.
- You must wait 14 calendar days between a 2nd and 3rd attempt.
- If needed, a 4th attempt needs to be at least 12 months from date of first attempt.
- LSA Application Build: You can take up to 3 attempts within a 12-month period.
- You need to wait a minimum of 1 month between attempts.
- It is recommended that you take some time to review the feedback provided from your most recent attempt to understand deficiencies in your provided solution and improve your skills to the level required to pass the exam.
If I pass the Pega Architecture Exam, but do not pass the Application Build, do I have to take all exams again?
Each exam tests distinct skills. There is no requirement to retake the LSA Readiness assessment or the Pega Architecture exam if you fail the Application Build.
I passed the Pega Architecture Exam. Why does my Transcript and Verify Certification page not indicate I am PCLSA certified?
PCLSA certification consists of passing 2 exams: (1) Pega Architecture exam (through Pearson VUE) and (2) the LSA Application Build. PCLSA Certification is issued only when all of the exams are passed.
The Pega Architecture exam will NOT appear on your transcript.
If you need proof that you passed the Pega Architecture exam, you can print out your exam score report from your Pearson VUE account. Login to your Pearson VUE account, and on the My Account menu on the right-side of the screen, click the View Score Reports link.
What does it cost to get PCLSA-certified?
- Pega Architecture exam: $175 USD per attempt; administered by Pearson VUE
- LSA Application Build: $600 USD for first attempts; $300 for retakes; administered by Pegasystems and must be completed within 3 consecutive days. Application build payment can be made using a valid credit card, purchase order, or Pega Academy credits. To register, contact the CLSA Team at [email protected]
Can my company pre-purchase Application Builds so that my employees do not need to pay for their exam out of their pocket?
Yes. Application Build exam packs can be purchased by companies to create a fund for PCLSA candidates. An administrator or administrators can be named for each exam pack, and an approval request will be sent when a candidate registers for the exam. Contact your Partner Enablement Executive or [email protected] for more details.
If I have other questions, who do I contact?
If you have any additional questions, please contact us.
- Why isn’t LPU NAAC accredited
- What is wisdom in philosophy
- What is life without Education?no_redirect=1
- Where can I buy cheap football shoes
- What are the most shocking selfies
- How is noise pollution caused
- Why are Alfa Romeos so good
- When will Ford go bankrupt
- Why hasnt James Harden had more success
- How is life in Trinidad and Tobago
- Why is the WTO criticized
- What are some examples of unusual vertebrates
- What are the best Tukrish dramas
- How does Invesco make money
- Who sang Layla
- What is electrical permittivity
- What guy is a black girl
- How can I use my Gmail account
- Where does petsmart get its kittens from