And then we must consider the statistics we're given and where they come from. In my experience, statistics can have almost any meaning that you want them to have. Maybe the study only looked at the number of people who were "recorded" to have had died from smoking. Or maybe this survey didn't bother to add all of the other people who never smoked who also died from this disease. But since they never smoked it wouldn't be relevant to them, would it?
And we also must look at the cultural applications of smoking. It is a very undebated "fact" that smoking is bad for you. So instead of disagreeing that smoking is bad for your health, tobacco companies would rather just adopt this view as their own and restate it to you in a different format, (ie. the surgeon general's warning on every tobacco product). So one couldn't be mad at these companies on their views since they are only agreeing with what we want them to say.
But anti-drug campaigns would say that the surgeon general's warning is too limited. But considering that the idea was culturally transmitted, does it make sense that they should stick it in our face every time we would use their products?
My point being is that you all have no grounds on which you base your claims. You just ridicioulsy shout these fantasies about this is bad or this is OK without having any inkling.
I'm not cheering for tobacco companies, nor am I for everyone else who would see them go under. I'm merely implying that you not be so oblivious on who you side with. Neither side is without its flaws.
Anti-smoking campaigns subject their will onto the public through their subliminal messages and influence on newer, restrictive tobacco laws, while tobacco companies cut corners and hire cheap child labor to survive in this financial downslide.
So before you fall either way on the issue as a smoker or non-smoker, be more skeptical in your decision. And that goes for everything in life. Don't be so sickeningly average.
- Why are ice breakers used
- Does Quora compare to Google
- Is cycling good for glute muscles
- Do straight couples have sex doggy style
- What is the meaning of uncivilized
- Can I pursue CFA After BBA
- Why do some countries have small populations
- Are ISRO jobs suitable for women
- Is the NEST exam interview tough
- Which country has the easiest lifestyle
- How do you say innocent in Greek
- Golf How do you keep your focus
- Does India have capability to manufacture submarines
- Do most Germans recycle
- Do you feel bad for any politician
- How fast can you brush your teeth
- What are the disadvantages of isolation transformer
- Is AIADMK allied with congress